ITW EAE works to foster an environment where our employees can grow and prosper through innovation, education and employee development. We’re always looking for energetic, creative, and motivated talent in many different disciplines, from engineering to sales and marketing to administration. Find your future with the leader in electronics manufacturing productivity, the ITW EAE family.
Position Purpose (general summary of this position):
This position supports Despatch Thermal Processing Technology, specifically high performance industrial ovens and other thermal products. This individual performs mechanical engineering assignments of wide complexity under general direction with considerable discretion as to work details. Designs, fabricates, modifies and evaluates complex mechanical and electromechanical devices or systems. Performs developmental and/or test work which requires a comprehensive knowledge of mechanical engineering theory and design. Analyzes, develops and recommends design approaches necessary to meet production requirements for new or improved products and/or processes.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering and 2-4 years’ experience
- Industrial heat processing experience, including heat transfer and thermodynamics, is required
- Precision machine design experience is required
- Sheet metal design and fabrication experience is required
- Experience with Solidworks CAD package - experience with additional CAD packages such as Mechanical Desktop or ProEngineer is a plus
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills should include basic PC operation within a MS Windows environment. Specific application experience includes MS Word and Excel.
Essential Functions of the Job (responsibilities):
- Maintains full responsibility for planning, organizing and conducting technical projects within the design, fabrication, modification and evaluation of mechanical and electromechanical apparatus, components and processes.
- Conceives and plans projects involving exploration of product and/or process problems, definition and selection of new concepts and approaches to the design or development of new or improved products and processes.
- Conducts independent technical investigations involving the application of a wide variety of mechanical engineering principles in the origination or modification of materials, components or process specifications and requirements.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Normal working conditions involve seated computer work and occasional operation and work on company equipment/products.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Send cover letter and resume to ITW EAE Human Resouces