ITW EAE works to foster an environment where our employees can grow and prosper through innovation, education and employee development. We’re always looking for energetic, creative, and motivated talent in many different disciplines, from engineering to sales and marketing to administration. Find your future with the leader in electronics manufacturing productivity, the ITW EAE family.
Position: Key Account Manager Automotive
Position Reports to: Key Account Director
The Key Account Manager will report to Key Account Director and will be responsible for managing EAE’s relationships with our major Automotive key accounts. This role is responsible for developing and implementing account strategies to defend and profitably grow the business at EAE’s key accounts. This role collaborates with indirect channels of Representatives and Distributors and EAE support functions to support existing business and win new business.
The scope of this role will involve the successful working relationships with customer’s procurement, quality, and operations and will lead/support cross functional teams who work closely with engineering by utilizing the ITW Innovation framework to develop new products, address customer pain points, and simplify and improve existing product offerings.
- Execute and deliver on sales objectives consistent with ITW’s 80/20 principles and based on the Annual and Long Range Plans.
- Develop and implement a business plan for key accounts.
- Lead teams to develop specific account sales and marketing strategies to win business.
- Provide feedback on competitive situations and develop appropriate strategies to win.
- Work with Sales, Product Management, and Engineering on customer research, project selection, innovation, and product management (inventory management, obsolescence, etc.).
- Work with Account Managers in other geographies to coordinate worldwide account activities.
- Network effectively both inside and outside the organization.
- Understand and communicate global value proposition of ITW EAE.
- Must be able to foster, communicate and exemplify the culture and values of ITW; act with integrity and trust and shared risk and operate with simplicity.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
- A strong competitive drive to win balanced with the ability to work directly, and through teammates, to implement key strateiges.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage relationships at a complex multi-million dollar customer across varying customer functions and levels.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and implement a plan to improve/grow an account through winning new business and managing cost reduction and obsolescence initiatives.
- Understanding of financials including working knowledge of budgeting and forecasting.
- Strong business analytical skills and mechanical and/or electrical engineering and/or technical experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required or equivalent ITW experience.
- Proficient computer skills – MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with experience in communicating and working with a remote team.
- Proven time management, prioritization abilities and demonstrated strong project management skills.
- Must possess decision making skills necessary to flourish in an ambiguous environment.
- Must be able to travel domestic and international, more than 50%.
- Takes initiative; able to function independently and make independent decisions.
- Proven thought leadership capabilities, innovative thinking skill set and the ability to drive change.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.