ZEVAv selective soldering machine delivers the best value in the high-speed selective soldering market. The ZEVAv platform leverages proven, market-leading fluxing, preheating and soldering technology to meet the growing challenges of high yields, cost effective production, and process control. Designed with the flexibility to match your specific application and the ability to execute on-the-fly changeovers.
ZEVAv Selective Soldering Machine
- Solderpot sized have been decreased as much as possible resulting in lower power consumption, lower solder usage and less solder waste in the form of dross formation.
- Power management has been implemented to eliminate peeks in energy consumption.
- Preheat elements are mounted parallel to the transport direction and can be switched off in case they are not required for the board in production.
- Nitrogen atmosphere has been optimized in order to reduce nitrogen consumption, reduce the formation of dross, reduce flux consumption and increase the first pass yield.
- Standard offline programming software
- Program without using machine capacity
- Automatic snap function aligning program over through-hole
- Automatic calibration, process proposal, and flux volume calculation
- Uses .DXF, Gerber or pixel based input
SDC (Solder Drainage Conditioner) acts as a hot nitrogen knife to ensure bridge-free soldering. The patented SDC tool is designed to ensure stable wave dynamics and improve thermal solderability. Nitrogen temperature and velocity are separately adjustable. SDC is a critical feature for robust fine-pitch soldering. Click here to watch SDC video
Lead-free solders will erode wettable nozzles which require you to exchange the nozzle tip. The iron that is dissolved forms crystals which is polluting the solder alloy. Non-wettable nozzles are maintenance-free and specially treated to eliminate erosion from lead-free solder.
ZEVAm+ features point-to-point or drag soldering with a rotating nozzle to reduce cycle time. The solderpot is covered to minimize nitrogen consumption and dross formation. On the ZEVAm+ a movable electromagnetic solderpot allows soldering under an angle.
The wave height of the Selectwave is measured without contact by a laser sensor. The solder level is adjusted to optimal height with no additional cycle time. This Improves process control and board-to-board repeatability.
Integrated mass flow meter has capability to measure during the whole flux cycle directly in the supply circuit to the nozzle.
- Barcode integration allows automatically selection of correct program
- Management Information System saves all set and actual values of a specific soldered product into a log file
- Linking barcode and management information provides full traceability
- Connectivity to host computer and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
High frequency, high-speed, drop jet fluxing meets every cycle time and drop size requirement and increases the process window up to 5 times. Clogging is reduced with larger hole dimension of 180µm.
Active and precise control of PCB temperature. with automatic adjustment of lamp power to reach desired temperature at the end of the preheat cycle. Improved process control and board to board repeatability with no additional cycle time.