Aquastorm FSM (Free Standing Module) PCB Cleaner
The Aquastorm FSM (Free Standing Module) is a free standing additional wash section that can be added to any existing in-line cleaning process.
As high-reliability PCBs become miniaturized, denser and more complex, board assemblers are seeking ways to increase board level reliability, and cleaning is seen as a process solution. Additionally, the importance of cleaning electronic assemblies increases dramatically in lead-free soldering applications.
The Electrovert® Aquastorm™ series PCB cleaning machines are designed to provide complete cleaning process flexibility, superior cleaning and drying performance, process monitoring, and reliability. The Electrovert approach is to provide the market with a range of Aquastorm series PCB cleaners that utilize technologies that exceed cleaning and drying expectations.
Featured Technology and Benefits
The Aquastorm FSM is a free standing additional wash section that can be added to any exisiting in-line cleaning process. The Aquastorm FSM is designed to add complete process flexibility. Available for a 'straight DI' or 'chemical wash with chemical isolation' processes, the Aquastorm FSM provides that additional process flexibility without time and expense to convert your existing cleaner and/or replacing your existing cleaning process.
The process flexibility benefits include :
- Add a free standing chemistry wash with chemical isolation process to an existing straight DI cleaner.
- Add a free standing straight DI process to an existing chemistry based cleaner.
- Add an additional free standing wash section in front of your existing cleaner using the same cleaning process.
- The FSM can significantly reduce the time required to convert processes in a single wash configuration cleaner.
- The extensive set of optional features to expand process capability include:
- 15 HP wash pump with mixed spray technology
- S jet nozzles in CI and PW
- Chemical metering pump
- Additional levels of filtration and misprint cleaning feature£ Digital flow meters
The Aquastorm utilizes technology-based solutions that deliver dynamic energy at the PCB surface to effectively clean under low stand-off and difficult to clean components. Leading edge spray technologies are used within the fluid delivery systems for both the wash and rinse cycles.
In today’s business environment it is important to partner with suppliers who are willing to work on special applications and are committed to providing process solutions. Contact Electrovert if you have a special product or application and are interested in finding a specialized solution.
The clear advantage of the Aquastorm cleaners is the ability to deliver a combination of chemistry, thermal, and mechanical forms of energy at the PCB surface. Aquastorm utilizes mixed spray technologies including high-impact force for tight spaces, scillating action for low pressure applications and complete flooding action for high pressure applications. Jet Impact Cleaning with omni-directional spray patterns greatly improves cleaning under low-standoff components, and eliminates shadowing effects. Chemical Isolation provides optimal process separation and minimizes chemistry consumption.
Aquastorm in-line cleaners offer several integrated design features that save chemistry and electrical power.
- Automatic stand-by mode: The integrated automatic stand-by mode is standard within the Aquastorm in-line cleaners. This feature will automatically shut down pumps and blowers when PCBs are not being processed. The in-line cleaner will automatically start each pump and blower via an incoming photo cell detector as the PCBs enter the appropriate section of the cleaning module. This significantly saves power and chemistry consumption.
- 5 micron by-pass filter: An integrated filtration system continuously filters the wash batch fluid through a 5 micron filter. This helps filter the wash bath and extend the life of the fluid.
- Integrated exhaust plenum and demister: Aquastorm in-line cleaners utilize an integrated exhaust plenum that effectively balances the intakes of the exhaust ports within the cleaner. The exhaust plenum combined with the integrated demister ensures that exhaust is minimized which effectively saves on chemistry consumption.
- Commonality across Electrovert Platforms: Electrovert has focused on utilizing common materials, common I/O, and GUI software processes across all product platforms (wave, reflow, and cleaning). This provides cost savings in the form of spare parts (materials and I/O system) and significant savings on training of operators, engineers, and maintenance technicians (GUI software and I/O system).
The Aquastorm series cleaners are designed to provide maximum in process flexibility and capability.
- Mixed spray technologies: Spray bars, manifolds, and pumps can be configured to provide the greatest amount of process flexibility and performance.
- De-flux and misprint cleaning: The Aquastorm misprint feature allows the ability to de-flux side A and clean the side B misprint at the same time without re-depositing solder spheres onto the PCB (see technical paper case study)
- Integrated chemistry concentration monitoring capability: The Aquastorm now offers software integrated chemistry concentration monitoring. All chemistry concentration parameters (percentages with user-defined alarm functions) are integrated into the machine software. All parameters are data logged for traceability and trending capabilities. Only available for specific chemistry types and brands.
- Straight DI and Chemistry Applications: The Free Standing Module can be configured for complete process flexibility and control as well as for value based solutions. The machine has a range of features and configurations that allow for straight DI and/or chemistry applications.
- Field upgrades - Electrovert always evaluates the feasibility of the technologies to be offered as a field upgrade. This allows existing users the opportunity to upgrade a current piece of equipment with new technologies. Check with your local sales representative on availability of new technologies as field upgrades.
- In-line features for small light-weight products (ie: mobile phone and semiconductor type products)
- Chemistry sampling port
- Digital flow meters
- Integrated sump tank with effluent transfer