Electrovert Cleaners Features
Aquastorm FSM (Free Standing Module) PCB Cleaner
Cost Saving Advantages
Aquastorm in-line cleaners offer several integrated design features that save chemistry and electrical power.
- Automatic stand-by mode:The integrated automatic stand-by mode is standard within the Aquastorm in-line cleaners.This feature will automatically shut down pumps and blowers when PCBs are not being processed.The in-line cleaner will automatically start each pump and blower via an incoming photo cell detector as the PCBs enter the appropriate section of the cleaning module.This significantly saves power and chemistry consumption.
- Integrated exhaust plenum and demister:Aquastorm in-line cleaners utilize an integrated exhaust plenum that effectively balances the intakes of the exhaust ports within the cleaner.The exhaust plenum combined with the integrated demister ensures that exhaust is minimized which effectively saves on chemistry consumption.
- Commonality across Electrovert Platforms:Electrovert has focused on utilizing common materials across the entire Aquastorm series cleaners.This provides cost savings in the form of spare parts, field proven reliability, and significant savings on training of operators, engineers, and maintenance technicians.
Mixed Spray Technology
The clear advantage of the Aquastorm cleaners is the ability to deliver dynamic energy at the PCB surface. While ‘dynamic’ energy consists of a combination of chemistry, thermal, and mechanical forms of energy, the key to the Aquastorm is the utilization of mixed spray technologies to maximize the cleaning capability and providing complete process flexibility.
- The patented Hurricane Jet™ applies high-impact force for tight spaces (DI Water applications only);
- The unique oscillating action of the patented S-Jet™ nozzle technology provides maximum flooding for low pressure applications (in-line);
- V-Jet provides complete flooding action for high pressure applications (in-line and batch);
- JIC (Jet Impact Cleaning) greatly improves cleaning under low-standoff components with omni-directional spray patterns, and eliminates board and component shadowing effects. (in-line and batch);
- Mechanical fluid delivery system balances flow and pressure to maximize the dynamic energy at the board surface level (in-line and batch);
- Chemical Isolation provides optimal process separation and minimizes chemistry consumption (in-line and batch).
Other Value Based Features
- In-line features for small light-weight products (ie: mobile phone and semiconductor type products)
- Chemistry sampling port
- Digital flow meters
- Integrated sump tank with effluent transfer
Process Flexibility and Control
The Aquastorm series cleaners are designed to provide maximum in process flexibility and capability.
- Mixed spray technologies: Spray bars, manifolds, and pumps can be configured to provide the greatest amount of process flexibility and performance.
- Torrid Zone drying: The drying capability of Torrid Zone will ensure that both your current and future board designs will be dried within the cleaning system.
- De-flux and misprint cleaning: The Aquastorm misprint feature allows the ability to de-flux side A and clean the side B misprint at the same time without re-depositing solder spheres onto the PCB (see technical paper case study)
- Integrated chemistry concentration monitoring capability: The Aquastorm now offers software integrated chemistry concentration monitoring. All chemistry concentration parameters (percentages with user-defined alarm functions) are integrated into the machine software. All parameters are data logged for traceability and trending capabilities. Only available for specific chemistry types and brands.
- Field upgrades: Electrovert always evaluates the feasibility of the technologies to be offered as a field upgrade. This allows existing users the opportunity to upgrade a current piece of equipment with new technologies. Check with your local sales representative on availability of new technologies as field upgrades.