Camalot Dispensers Features
635 and 680SD Pumps
Camalot offers two (2) types of Auger pump, both controlled with a precise servo drive system. For highly abrasive materials both 635SD and 680SD pump systems offer more wear resistant carbide auger screws. The 680SD pumps deliver high flow rates and also incorporate a patented positive shutoff that eliminates dripping of lower viscosity materials. The auger design (pitch, etc.) is typically tailored to meet the requirements of the individual customer’s specific material that will be dispensed (i.e., application-based).
- Ideally suited for dot type application of most materials
- Configurable with footed or un-footed needles
- Precise material delivery and a controllable dispense speed
- Removable cartridge for easy cleaning
- Fine pitch auger screw available for MicroDot applications
- Ideally suited for line type applications with viscous materials
- Incorporates a patented positive shutoff/no drip design
- Carbide parts are standard to minimize wear from abrasive materials
- High material flow rates
- Optional needle heater
Advanced Tilt & Rotate
Patented technology that enables reduced wet-out areas, improved capillary flow for underfill and access for dispensing on side walls or around tall components.
PCB designs are ever more challenging for dispensing with increased component densities, reduced materials keep out zones, and a broad mix of component heights. The Prodigy's advanced Tilt and Rotate option solves all these challenges and more with its patented design and operation.
- DC servo control for both axes
- 0.01 degree resolution
- Up to +/- 45 degrees of Tilt and +/- 90 degrees of rotation
- Both axes programmable in sub-degree increments
- Automatic setup and calibration
- Extended fluidics and nozzles provide additional clearance for “hard to reach” applications
Click here to watch the Tilt and Rotate video
Click here for the brochure
Dual Dynamic Head (DDH)
The proprietary design of Dynamic Dual Head (DDH) provides the only fast and fully accurate solution for dual head simultaneous dispensing. The DDH option uses a unique and patented mini XY drive system on a second Z-Axis to correct “real-time” and allow synchronous dispensing of both pumps regardless of part to part rotation. This technique guarantees increased productivity whilst maintaining yields through unsurpassed accuracy.
- Independent, real time adjustment for both dispense pumps
- Dispense productivity increased by up to 100%
- No yield loss due to second head inaccuracy
- Compatible with all dispense pumps
- Automatic setup and calibration
Click here to watch the DDH video
Dual Head Modes
Dual head configurability allows dispensing of two different materials within one process. Both Z-axes are independently controlled, facilitating both high positional accuracy and fast axis movement. With identical pumps and materials configured to both heads, the platform allows for two patented modes of operation. Synchronous mode operates both pumps simultaneously and reduces dispense time by approximately 50%.
- Dispense two different materials within one process
- Both Z axes independently controlled
- High positional accuracy
- Fast axis movement
- Synchronous mode - Operates both pumps simultaneously
- 50% dispense time reduction
- Asynchronous mode - Operates pumps alternately
- Reduces dispense time by up to 20%
- Patented Switch Mode function
Dual Mode Weight Scale
Dual Mode Weight Scale employs a patented closed-loop weighing process that allows measurement of dispense patterns for maximum accuracy. In addition, a unique auto tune feature enables control of individual droplet sizes from our pump systems. The process allows measurement of both global and actual dispense patterns for maximum accuracy. Changes in material viscosity are controlled with automatic compensation. Patented Closed-loop Weigh Process.
- Patented closed-loop weighing process
- Measure dispense patterns for maximum accuracy
- Auto-tune feature enables individual dot size control
- Global and actual dispense patterns
- Automatic compensation for changes in material viscosity
- Less time to calibrate
- Less calibration material consumed
IR Temperature Sensors
Patent pending, closed-loop monitoring of the PCB/substrate temperature ensures dispenser process stability and yield improvements for underfill applications.
- Closed loop control of the product temperature through the entire process.
- Compact, miniature design has no impact to gantry XY travel.
- GUI displays in “real time” the product temperature in each zone
- All settings are stored in the process program and tied directly to the product
- OpenApps feature allows the data to be transferred into factory MES systems
NanoShot is the next generation of “jetting” technology. Offering high speed - Up to 600 Hz, and ultra-fine resolution, with dot sizes < 300 microns, this patent pending pump features state-of-the-art motion control technology, simple maintenance, quick changeover, and a low cost of ownership. NanoShot is not only a high performer, but is also easy to maintain. High mix manufacturing scenarios are supported by its quick-change feature; reduced maintenance, necessary on only a weekly basis, means more up-time for higher productivity. 30% improved repeatability means higher yields and higher throughput.
- Ideally suited for underfill and UV coating
- Next generation of “jetting” technology
- High speed - Up to 600 Hz
- Auto-tune feature for automatic calibration
- Fine resolution - Dot sizes < 300 microns
- Patent pending motion control technology
- Minimal maintenance and quick changeover
- Low cost of ownership
NuJet Jetting Pump
NuJet eliminates use of a needle and incorporates a contact jetting technique to displace the dispense material. Controlling the piston with a pneumatic actuator and closed-loop software achieves a high degree of accuracy and repeatability for consistent process results.
- Speeds up to 300 Hz
- Auto-tune for closed-loop calibration
- Setup time reduced by 20%
- Dot sizes < 300 microns
- Extended maintenance frequency
Click here to watch NuJet video
SmartStream® is a unique, patented non-contact dispense pump that uses positive displacement to create a controlled stream of material. SmartStream dispenses a column of material with each cycle instead of a single sphere, and is well-suited for underfill applications. Since its piston does not contact seat or nozzle, wear is minimal, and the pump is designed for long life and high precision dispensing. Controlling the positive-displacement piston with a closed-loop servo drive achieves a high degree of accuracy and repeatability for consistent process results. Programmable for narrow stream widths for access into densely packed areas.
- Non-contact dispense pump is well-suited for underfill applications
- Patented design uses a positive displacement technique to create a stream of material
- Auto-tune feature allows for automatic calibration of dot size during setup and production
- Closed-loop servo drive ensures fast, repeatable performance
- Narrow stream width for access into densely packed areas
- “Hot Swap” changeover concept allows cleaning in <2 minutes
- SmartStream’s Auto-tune feature allows for automatic calibration of dot size during setup and production.
- Wear-resistant nozzles; SmartStream cost of ownership < $1 a day.
- Nozzle heater for flow control and consistency
Camalot’s flexible, configurable conveyor transport system offers part handling for up to 3 conveyor zones, with a choice of edge clamps or lift chucks. Camalot offers a Dual Zone with input buffer option for high throughput (with standard conveyor) or Triple Zone with input and output buffer (with 3 edge clamps/lift chucks) with the extended conveyor option. Different modes of operation are programmable through the powerful Benchmark software and operating system, as well as using options such as Board Staging to best advantage. Altogether, Camalot’s Transport system offers maximum configurability and flexibility for dispensing many different materials on a wide range of sizes and types of electronic assemblies.